Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

Religious Background

A small agenda item, my family is Mormon or members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I’m not ashamed of it, but I want you to know from the start because sometimes I use words that are unique. This is the area where I have debated blogging because my faith is very personal and directs the things I choose to do.
As a professional, I don’t typically reveal this fact to others but this isn’t a professional blog. I am not being paid to blog or make a profit in any way.
I am not a typical Mormon. I attended church with Nazarene grandparents through my whole childhood and teenage years. I asked Christ into my life in several of those services and continue to ask him into my life during the LDS services. I loved vacation bible school and still have many of the Bible quotes memorized.
I feel this background is important because my fundamental belief is centered on our Savior and the lessons he taught.  Most Mormons consider themselves Christian and our services are centered in Christ, but you have to listen closely to hear it. This is debated and confused because our churches do not have crosses and many don’t even have pictures of the crucifixion. I feel that our focus is on the resurrection of Christ and the promises that come with it. 
Regardless of labels, I agree with people who are trying to do the best they can with what they have been given. Mother Theresa is a role model to me and even as a teenager when she passed I mourned for her and the people of India she served.
There are good people to be found throughout the world and who am I to judge another?

No comments:

Post a Comment