Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

Breastfeeding Burn-Out

I just wanted to take a minute and congratulate all those diligent moms who make it to the six month, exclusively breastfeeding mark! I am at the five month mark and am starting to add in some purees' because I am definately at my personal burn-out mark.

I read on a formula website that babies at 5 months should be eating every 4-5 hours. My sweet baby girl still eats every two to three hours.

I know I am blessed to have made it this far. My first baby (boy) and I weren't able to go much farther than four months because my supply was low and he wasn't gaining weight. I need to remind myself that anything that I can give her is a gift.

I would love to hear (or read) about other mother's experiences with breastfeeding, so leave a comment or an appropriate link!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing an amazing job. I made it to about 5 months when nursing my daughter & quit - it just got to be too much for me. I had pumped enough that she was able to still have BM for another month though! You do what you can & every little bit counts!

    Thanks for visiting my blog during the bog hop - I'm your newest follower! :)
    ~Erika
    http://erikajo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete