Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

Pay Off the Doc

NPR featured an article about different pay-offs doctors get from pharmaceutical companies. This was on their radio talk show "Talk of the Nation." They had teamed up in some way with propublica.org to list a widget that shows the payouts different doctors had recieved in the 2009-2010 year.

I was embarassed for the doctors who were bought by being told they were considered a "thought leader." I thought, this could never happen to my doctor. No way, no how!

So, I looked and sure enough he was listed under three different names, and practicing out of two offices. I believe that it is the same person. One payment was from Eli Lilly for $66,000! Another Eli Lilly for $18,000! And a third, smaller payment from AstraZeneca for $8,000.

To check out if your doctor has been paid off, click here,

1 comment:

  1. Saw your post on KOTH and had to read this. Its almost scary how quickly doctors will prescribe medicine! I've been trying to get to the bottom of my recurring migraines for 4 years and no doctor ever showed interest in finding out what causes them...only how to kill the pain! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete